- Action Plan 2016-2018: Facilitating dialogue, generating evidence and adopting good practices. In support of the UN Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development
- Towards Sustainable Livestock discussion document
- Initial Agenda Strategy. Basis for the Agenda’s development
- Agenda Consensus. Common principles and objectives partners commit to
- Agenda Key Message
- Welcome Letter
Discover the Agenda in 2.5 minutes
- Report on the IPC (International Committee of the Food Sovereignty) participation in the global agenda for sustainable livestock
- Theory of action for Focus Area 2 (Restoring value to grasslands) based on assessment of the policy and funding environment
Panama 20-23 June 2016
Join us on June 20 for the 6th Multi-stakeholder Partnership (MSP) meeting to implement an action plan aimed at achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) related to livestock.
During the meeting discussions will focus on food security, health, equity, growth, resources and climate. The Global Agenda’s technical groups (Action Networks) will showcase their work, the governance issues will be explored and a new Chair will also be selected at the conclusion of this meeting [read more]
Paris, France - 26 May 2016
The Livestock Global Alliance (LGA) is an initiative of key institutions charged with shaping and steering the global livestock agenda.
The alliance works in close collaboration with other initiatives such as the Global Agenda to directly address the benefits as well as harm generated by livestock.
LGA will hold a side event during the World Organization for Animal Health (OIE) meeting in Paris on May 26, 2016.
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
26-27 November, 2015
CODEGALAC will be analysing this week the challenges of the Livestock Sector in Mesoamerica to consolidate its contribution to economic growth, natural resource sustainable management and hunger and rural poverty eradication. Among the 90 participants will be the ministers of agriculture of 7 countries of the region and the President of Dominican Republic, Danilo Medina, who will close the meeting on November 27th... [read more]
Chair of The Global Agenda
The Global Agenda for Sustainable Livestock seeks to recruit a Chair position to support the implementation of The Global Agenda Action Plan. [Read more]
Multi-stakeholder Partnership Meeting
Panama, 20-23 June 2016
During the meeting participants will also have the possibility to present short papers and exhibit posters. The posters can be stand-alone or can support a paper presented in the presentation space. The objective of these presentations and posters is to enhance the networking by informing the MSP participants on specific activities towards sustainable livestock. Please find here the application form.